Airplant Terrarium (Tillandsia) (Click for Info)
Airplants take in their nutrients through their leaves, so it is important to thoroughly soak your plant every 1-2 weeks in temperate water (more often in hot, dry environments and less in cool, humid ones). Gently shake off exess water and then place back in the terrarium.
Foliage/Fern Terrarium (Click for Info)
- Place your terrarium in indirect light or bright artificialy lighted room.
- Water when soil starts to look dry but not bone dry. Water evenly, just enough to moisten the soil. Do not flood.
- Use a turkey baster to water it also can be used to take water out if accedentally overwatered.
Succulent Gardens (Click for Info)
- Place in direct sunlight, porch or a very bright room. Most succulents crave light.
- Water only when soil is completely dry. Water and allow to drain.
- Move to inside the house during the winter months.
Moss Terrarium (Click for Info)
This natural moss needs light and moisture to survive. Keeping the moss terrarium covered will allow the moss to stay moist.
For open terrariums, mist once a week. Place in bright natural or artificial light.